Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My day in food.

Before my ride, I indulged in a decent-sized piece of Date/Banana/Walnut bread. This stuff is the shiz, seriously. SO GOOD. I savoured it sitting up in bed, along with a cup of Moccona instant, while reading a chapter of my book and getting ready to ride.

My ride was great!

Breakfast was a bowl of pretty boring bircher- 1/2 c oats, 1/4c apple juice, 1/4c plain acidophilus yoghurt (Naturlea) and a bit of cinnamon. I was out of almonds and didn't quite think walnuts would fit, so I packed some AB for a bit of extra protein at work.

At work, I was naughty and ate a couple of pieces of the Lindt 70% dark chocolate bar I bought yesterday, along with a cup of tea. The idea was that I'd eat four pieces this week, and save the rest, but I'm PMSing and have been feeling sorry for myself, and there's only one piece left now! Oops. Cheeky chocolate is one of my main Things to Watch, so am going to try to make sure this doesn't happen next week.

For morning tea, I had some dates with a teaspooon or so of almond butter. Yum! This is more of a "treat" than I'd usually have at morning tea time, but I ate my loaf this morning, and just needed a wee smackerel. I've been meaning to try AB for yonks, and it was only getting into reading food blogs that made me go for it. It's so good! Heinously expensive, but delicious- and I find it much easier not to overdo it, unlike PB. Also had a couple of carrots, which are great at the moment- so juicy.

Lunch was delicious. I've been trying to use up an avocado I couldn't resist and a jar of slightly old salsa, so there have been lots of wraps! Today was a gigundo salad, with baby spinach, a little grated colby, a spoonful of salsa, 1/2 of a green bell pepper, 1/2 a grated carrot and 1/4 of the avocado. I added some white beans I'd had out for last night's dinner- and it was lucky I did, as I forgot my pita bread and would have keeled over in Court had I not added the beans :)

I had a toaster waffle for afternoon tea- I was soooo hungry and needed more than my apple. I also picked up a banana on the way back from Court. Even with the beans, the salad wasn't quite enough for lunch.

Now I'm off home. I'm heating up some macaroni mince for tea, then making an Israeli couscous salad for a semi-potluck tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment